Amazon and COVID19
Safety is our priority. We are interviewing virtually for this role (and wherever possible).
Read more about how we’re responding to the crisis here: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/company-news/amazons-actions-to-help-employees-communities-and-customers-affected-by-covid-19
About this program:
We offer you a unique opportunity to be part of our RME team where you can put into practice all the knowledge you have acquired with your studies and continue learning as part of a team of first-class professionals. In addition, during your journey you will continue learning within a training itinerary for the development of technical skills and competences. In addition to solving technical problems, you will learn planning, prioritization, develop analytical and communication skills, and teamwork. Throughout the program, a mentor will support you to successfully advance in all these areas.
We enable you to develop and apply solid technical as well as interpersonal and communication skills through a detailed training plan. These include workflow organization, planning, problem solving, failure analysis, communication and presentation of complex issues, and teamwork with other apprentices and RME ((Reliability Maintenance Engineering) team members.
At the end of the program, you will be fully trained to be eligible for an Automation Engineer position in our maintenance teams.
During the apprenticeship program, you will work to achieve the following objectives at the end of the program:
- Be the site level Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all controls systems and sensors within the building. Work in a hands-on manner to actively monitor, fault find and repair systems in order to provide a high level of equipment availability to internal customers.
- Train technicians in the basics of control systems fault finding in order to raise the level of knowledge within the site.
- Work within the EU Controls network to enhance the capability to monitor Material Handling Equipment (MHE) metrics and provide visualization and data to internal customers by means of troubleshooting and prioritizing.
- Actively participate in or own continuous improvement projects coordinated by the EU Controls network.
- Work with IT, EU Controls Engineering and Operations Engineering to ensure all systems are correctly documented and that accurate backup library are maintained.
- Work alongside global teams to support the installation and commission of new equipment.
- Support other sites in the EU network as required.
- Interpreting both mechanical and electrical drawings plus understanding and developing improvement strategies for code conforming to IEC 61131-3.
You can access our apprenticeship program if:
- You have the Bachelor or Engineering degree in one of the following: mechatronic, automation, mechanic, robotic or related field,
- You speak Polish fluently and demonstrate good communication skills (written & verbal),
- You have the ability to communicate (written & verbal) in English at Level B2 or higher,
- You have the ability to understand and follow verbal or written technical instructions,
- You are passionate about Automation and Engineering and would like to start a career in this area,
- You have motivation and practical approach,
- You want to acquire a commitment to learn, develop and get involved,
- You have knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel),
- You are a proactive person and open to acquiring new knowledge and skills,
- You like to work in a team and easily build relationships with others.
- Experience in electrical engineering or related fields
- Project management experience
Our program is the perfect opportunity to learn the profession while you achieve the required qualifications, as you will be studying at the same time that experiencing in a real environment and while you earn a competitive salary.
Apply we are waiting for you! (If you want to add a cover letter to your CV, attach them in a single PDF)!
At Amazon, we believe in equality. We passionately believe that diversity in our teams is our main source of success. Decisions in the selection processes are based on the experience and skills of the candidates and candidates. We value the passion to discover, innovate, make things easy and build.